The Office of the Tenant Advocate (OTA) now offers several tutorial videos for tenants that answer some of the most frequently asked questions The Office of Tenant Advocate receives.
View the tutorial videos on OTA’s Youtube Channel here: DC Office of the Tenant Advocate
These tutorials can answer questions including:
- What to do if you find mold in your apartment?
- What do you do if you have a housing code violation? (and in Spanish)
- When can your landlord enter your apartment? ( and in Spanish)
- What’s the timeline for evictions after the end of the Public Health Emergency?
- How do I incorporate a Tenant Association?
- What is TOPA (Tenant Opportunity to Purchase Act)?
- When can my landlord increase my rent?
- What does Joint & Several Liability mean?
- When can I get my security deposit returned? (Spanish)
Additionally, OTA is looking for suggested video topics as well. Do you know of any tenant related issues that may require a tutorial? Please let us know.
As always, if tenants have a specific question they can contact OTA’s Tenant Hotline for free legal and technical advice at 202-719-6560.