Lamond-Riggs Citizens Association Scholarship Opportunity
Applications for the 2022 Scholarship Award Period are Due by Monday, May 9, 2022 we’re giving you an extra day to submit your application…deadline extended to Tuesday, May 10!!!!
- Are you a graduating High School Senior?
- Will you be attending college this coming Fall, 2022?
- Are you a resident of the Lamond-Riggs community?
- Do you attend a DC public school (traditional or charter)?
LRCA will award at least three (3) Academic Excellence Scholarships to eligible high school graduating seniors residing within the LRCA boundaries, who will attend an accredited* college or university. Scholarship awards will range from $500 to $1000.
*For a list of accredited colleges and universities, please visit ope.ed.gov.
STUDENT APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY
- be a permanent resident within the geographical boundaries of the LRCA (see map);
- have a scholastic average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- be a college-bound graduating senior from a traditional public or public charter school in the District of Columbia;
- plan to enter an accredited four-year university or college as a full-time freshman in the fall of the calendar year in which the application is made;
- AND, complete the application packet as prescribed by the instructions herein.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO APPLY? LRCA BOUNDARY MAP
The organizational and jurisdictional area of this association shall be defined, bounded and limited as follows: starting from the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad tracks at Underwood Place to Kansas Avenue, Northeast; then northerly on Kansas Avenue, Northeast to Eastern Avenue, Northeast; then southerly on Eastern Avenue, Northeast to where it intersects Galloway Street, Northeast; then westerly along Galloway Street, Northeast until it meets the railroad tracks of the Baltimore and Ohio Rail; then northwesterly along such railroad tracks to where they reach Underwood Place, Northwest, extended; all within the District of Columbia.
What if I don’t have a computer to submit the application online?
If you are unable to complete the application online, you may download an application package from this site. Applications completed in this manner should be typed using the form’s modifiable fields as handwritten applications will not be reviewed or accepted.
Completed applications may be submitted in one of two ways (choose only one method):
- Email your complete scholarship packet by Monday, May 9, 2022, to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “LRCA 2022 Scholarship Application (Your Last Name, Your First Name).” Applications may be submitted in either .docx (Microsoft Word compatible format) or in .pdf format.
- Print and mail your complete application packet, postmarked by May 9, 2022, to:The Lamond-Riggs Citizens Association
P.O. Box 60272
Washington, DC 20039
Attn: Scholarship Committee
Your complete application packet must include the following:
- Official Transcript
- SAT/ACT Scores (if taken)
- Two letters of recommendation [one from a principal, counselor, or advisor and one from a teacher at your school, on official letterhead attached to the form provided]
- Student community service —One 1.5-spaced (12 pt. font) on your involvement in community service, to include the name of the organization and a brief description of your responsibilities
- Student essay—One 400 word 1.5-spaced paragraph (12 pt. font) essay on why you are applying for a scholarship and why you should receive the LRCA scholarship—OR—how you plan to use your college education to make the world a better place.
ABOUT THE LRCA SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE REVIEW
Finalists may be required to participate in an in-person interview on a date to be announced.
The Lamond-Riggs Citizens Association (LRCA) requires candid assessment of the student applicant’s academic performance, intellectual ability, maturity, oral and written communication skills, and motivation and interpersonal skills.
In your letter of recommendation, please also include the length of your acquaintance with the applicant, the subject or courses taught, dates of instruction, and a telephone number where you may be reached. Your letter of recommendation should be prepared on official stationery and include your signature.
You may submit your recommendation online using the form located on this page; you may return your letter of recommendation to the applicant for inclusion in the applicant’s packet (if the applicant is sending their application to the LRCA by surface mail); or you may mail your application directly on or before the submission deadline to:
The Lamond-Riggs Citizens Association
6200 North Capitol Street NW
Washington, DC 20039-7548
Attn: Scholarship Committee
School Representatives, do you need to submit a recommendation for a student? You can do so online!
Complete the form below.
SUBMIT A STUDENT RECOMMENDATION DIGITALLY
Students, are you ready to apply online?
Create a free LRCA Scholarships account now.
Already have a Student Scholarships account?
*Requires a Student Scholarships account to access. Don’t have one? Create an account by selecting the ‘Create a Scholarships Account’ button above.
Prefer to Download & Submit the Application by Surface Mail?
Display a Scholarship Flyer in your Facility
Terms and Conditions
Lamond-Riggs Citizens Association (LRCA) | Washington, DC | Copyright 2020 | All Rights Reserved.