Stock up for your Labor Day grilling and get delicious in-season vegetables and fruit, hormone-free meat, homemade pasta sauce and empanadas, vegan sausages, and organic CBD products. Support local businesses and farmers. Additional vendors will join throughout the market season, including Qualia Coffee, Right Proper Brewing, Pleitez Produce, Timber Pizza, and Capitol Cider House.
Vendors This Week:
- Barajas Produce: This family-owned 56-acre farm grows a wide variety of vegetables, including peppers, tomatoes, greens, lettuce, cucumbers, watermelon, and even Latin and African herbs and vegetables.
- Cannabreeze: Cannabreeze is leading the way in providing local, organic, non-GMO industrial hemp products in Northern Virginia by growing, harvesting, and processing tinctures, creams, juices, and edibles with the benefits of full spectrum hemp oil containing CBD (Cannabinoids).
- Cucina Al Volo: Owners Matteo and Daniele offer an assortment of locally made fresh pastas and sauces.
- DMV Empanadas: Brothers Nacho Almaraz and Marco Almaraz source local ingredients for their products and make everything from scratch using family recipes.
- Holly Brook Farm: This farm in Berryville, Virginia raises heritage pork, lambs, pastured chickens, goats, rabbits, heritage turkeys, ducks, and rose veal with GMO free feed from a local farmer, no added hormones, antibiotics, and lots of Vitamin D from the sun.
- Just AJ’s Food: These plant-based, vegan, gluten-free, and soy-free sausages called “Veenies” embrace the flavors of the veggies they use from other Market vendors by roasting and seasoning them to perfection before casing them.
The farmers’ market site is located immediately inside the gate at Georgia Avenue and Butternut Street NW. Map 1010 Butternut Street NW for directions. Walking or biking is recommended, as parking is limited and the entryway is currently under construction. Some parking is available beyond the entryway construction and to the north of the market.
Health & Safety Requirements:
- All attendees must wear masks and comply with all social distancing requirements mandated by the District of Columbia government.
- Please follow all signage and enter and exit the market at the appropriate spots.
- A hand sanitizer station will be available to use before entering the market.
The FRESHFARM market accepts SNAP/EBT, WIC, and Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) checks.The market is rain or shine. Please bring your shopping bags. Dogs are not allowed.