Let Your Voice Be Heard
DC Redistricting Plan for 2021
Response Needed by Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Did you know that your current Ward 5 status could change to Ward 4?
- Are you in agreement with this potential change?
The Lamond-Riggs Citizens Association (LRCA) is working now to prepare a statement that will be directed to DC’s Redistricting Subcommittee. In our statement we will address the thoughts, ideas, and redistricting concerns of Ward 5 residents—like you—who reside within the LRCA’s boundaries.
We need to hear from YOU!
Here’s what you need to do to submit your thoughts on redistricting to the LRCA so that your voice will be heard:
- Click the link to download the DC Redistricting: Guiding Principles and Process document to understand the protocol for redistricting in DC. The document also includes the redistricting maps that are being considered.
- There are three redistricting maps that are currently being considered by the DC Redistricting Subcommittee.
A summary of each map is below for your reference:
- Map 1: If Map 1 is selected, there will be a change to Ward 5, but the change will not affect YOUR address. You will remain in your current Ward.
- Map 2: If Map 2 is selected, there will be a change to Ward 5, but the change will not affect YOUR address. You will remain in your current Ward.
- Map 3: If Map 3 is selected, the neighborhood between Kennedy Street NE and Galloway NE will be moved into Ward 4. This will continue to leave the neighborhood split between Wards 4 and 5.
- Take our survey below by Wednesday, November 10, 2021.
The LRCA will summarize all results and will submit written testimony to DC’s Redistricting Subcommittee by November 12, 2021.
Regardless of your Ward, we are ONE COMMUNITY!
Take the Survey!
Don’t Miss Out on Messages and Information from the LRCA
Subscribe to the Lamond-Riggs Citizens Association email list and get the latest news and information (including newsletters!) delivered directly to your inbox. You won’t want to miss out!
(Note: Dues paying LRCA members will be automatically added to email list. There is no need to subscribe if your are a dues paying member).
Terms and Conditions
Lamond-Riggs Citizens Association (LRCA) | Washington, DC | Copyright 2020-2021 | All Rights Reserved.